boys need toys: Logitech z2300 2.1 Speaker

I was literally sick with that squawking noise that comes out of my Mac mini. So I ordered the Logitech z 2300 2.1 THX certified Speakers. And today Amazon delivered a big and heavy package.

After the first two hours playing with the new speakers I am quite impressed about the sound quality – as I don’t really know much about speakers (that’s why I do not build my own speakers…) so I just stop talking about how great they sound…you get the idea B-)

Of course I made some pictures of the unpacking:

Packaging…box in a box

two speakers and the subwoofer

the rear view of the subwoofer

final setup

some technical facts:

• Total RMS power: 200 watts RMS
  • Satellites: 80 watts RMS (2 x 40W)
  • Subwoofer: 120 watts RMS
    • Headphone jack
    • Power/Standby

Source: Logitech z 2300

1. #1 by Venom on May 11, 2005 - 13:46

THX – taugt überhaupt nix

2. #2 by Bietiekay on May 11, 2005 - 14:01

hört sich gut an, nur das zählt.

3. #3 by Jens on May 11, 2005 - 18:01

“hört sich gut an”
    Das ist natürlich subjektiv. Aber allgemein ist die Definition von “gutem” Klang ja genau die, dass es sich möglichst natürlich anhören sollte. Und das ist bei Billig-Lautsprechern mit integrierten Verstärkern nun mal eher nie der Fall. 😉

Zum Thema Lautsprecher selber bauen: Is nicht. Klingt meist relativ unterirdisch. Nicht umsonst beschäftigen sich große Hersteller jahrelang alleine damit, welches Material, welche Form, etc. am besten zusammen klingen.

Aber hier ging es ja ohnehin nicht wirklich um HiFi 😉

4. #4 by Bietiekay on May 11, 2005 - 20:37

ja naja… das Zeug is halt schon net schlecht was Logitech da anbringt. Und für meine Hörgewohnheiten absolut ausreichend. Das soll “hört sich gut an” bedeuten.

5. #5 by Venom on May 12, 2005 - 07:58

Hauptsache, der Bass dröhnt ordentlich, damit jeder weiß: In diesem Gang hab ich den Größten! 🙂

6. #6 by ELGono on May 12, 2005 - 09:52

wenn er ‘richtig’ musik hoeren will, kommt er sowieso zum profi…. ;-p

ELGono

7. #7 by monkey on May 24, 2005 - 20:59

they look kinda ‘vunerable’ to me.
    i have a really really bad speaker experience.
    at the moment the most quality sound comes out of my discman.
    the stereo ([panasonic0 ) speakers suck. one is broken completely so ive plugged it out and used one i had from my old anitech hi-fi which is like total crap.
    i dont get all sounds.
    ohh. yes. my computer speakers suck. creative. they make strange noise when i louden up. .and i basicaly cant louden up fairly.
    so ive tried to solve this problem with buying a headphones (ms industrial) set. that thrilled me for a while gotta be honest. enjoyed in awesome bass lines for a while.
    jus that yesterday during a conversation with my friend ive suddenly lost a sound in my right ear.
    thought it was a nother f***up so i’ve checked if this thing is connected properly, i might have moved the computer case or something.. tho it was connected as it should. then i th0ught ports might be worn out.. coz i keep connecting speakers and headphones in randomly pretty often tho it wasnt the case coz the speakers worked.
    so ive started checking the audio settings and everythin was fine. everythin louden up, nothin on mute, the hardware was recognized, everythin fine and dandy.
    after coupla hours. i took a look at the headphones and noticed a wire that is coming out of a right ear is cut and bearly staying together. f**k i thought. i had these problem with like all the headphones i ever head in my life even the ones i payed 20£ for (philips) and were really good.
    so hell, i took the scredriwer and opened the right ear.
    and one thing you should know about it.. if you have dandruffs. even sometimes, rarely like i do, your headphones are full of them. and its discusting. i felt sorry for all the radio people having to share those things.
    but anyway, ive unscrewed it and had a closer look. the wire was barely together so ive cut it off completely and decided to fix it back together.
    ive removed the isolation and put them together, using a selotape for isolation coz i was lacking the real isolation material. tho the selotape thing works i remember all those joystick reparings back in the times of commodore 64.
    so ive screwed the screws back in and all. was ready to test. tho theyre not working 🙁
    gonna have to buy a new headset.

8. #8 by Bietiekay on May 25, 2005 - 12:55

I had a Creative Speakerset (Cambridge Soundworks) for some time – I am using it for my second machine now. – Infact it sounds good – but compared to the Logitech z2300 … nothing more to say 😉

Comments are closed.