Okay. Here’s the list what’s really driving me mad with Tiger:
- Pivot is not working correct. It flips the screen but it’s unusable because it’s far away from smooth… stuttering crap!
- the program icon in the dock is not filtered, pixel salad?!
- you cannot configure spotlight noteworthy… it just indexes your local hard drive. That’s it. You even cannot configure when and what. You just can define exclusions.
- Dashboard Widgets are crap. What the hell do I need a dictionary for when I cannot even select the language? Anyway: Konfabulator did it far better.
- many programs crash or run out of memory. For example: iPulse. I used it about 12 hours… first the iPulse graphics screwed up. Then the system ran out of memory resulting in an excessive swap orgy
- Quicktime 7 is far from smooth playback. Stuttering on a Mac where Quicktime 6 worked absolutly smooth. Even the new Fullscreen Zoom-Animation isn’t playing smooth. When you minimize the Quicktime Player to the dock the movie isn’t playing in the dock. Even worse when you do this the player crashes.
- the newly added RSS Screensaver just “exploded”… after one hour of use it came up with a… well bright cyan color which just hurts the eye. Of course: You cannot configure anything…
- Safari has some serious bugs. Sometimes it “forgets” to draw the scrollbar… The RSS Implementation is well…why no stand-alone App. Why integrated in Safari?
- Rendezvous=Bonjour. Well I wrote about that issue some months ago. And now it’s time to forget about Rendezvous. It’s now called Bonjour. (it’s not really something Apple screwed up ;))
- Apple changed for some strange reason the security settings so that Virtual PC isn’t able to install the “Virtual Network Switch”
I will complete the list when Panther is back running on my Mac.