It seems that there’s a great and multi-platform whiteboard application which is definitly worth a try:
“Share a common window on your computer with two or more other Coccinella users. Some of its features:
- Write text with any font, size, normal, bold, etc.
- Toolbar with basic drawing capabilities Flexible editing of each item in the canvas window
- Support for foreign language character sets, from swedish å, ä, and ö, to Chinese (Unicode)
- Extended functionality via plugins, see Extensions. This includes mp3’s on all platforms, video, synthetic speech of written text etc.
- Full QuickTime support on Macs and Windows
- Open source with the Gnu public license.
It runs in two different network topologies, each with its specific feature. The peer-to-peer mode allows client to connect directly to each other, without an intermediate server. The Jabber server system of instant messaging (IM) contains central management of user resources, such as buddy lists, gateways to other IM systems (ICQ, IRC, MSN Messenger, …), and much more.”
As soon as I have some experiences to share I will write an article… so far: try for yourself…looks promising.