Look what someone who has too much time created in Oblivion:
Microsofts Embedded Devices group and WindowsForDevices.com offers a contest to everyone who likes to take part. Read this:
WindowsForDevices.com and Microsoft’s Mobile and Embedded Devices (MED) Group are teaming up to invite developers worldwide to compete at using Microsoft’s Windows CE Shared Source in an exciting real-world project. The contest’s theme is “Show-It-Off at the Shared Source Project Competition.”
“Create a cool, real-world project that combines Windows CE along with either or both of two Shared Source components — the Windows CE WebCam driver and/or the Windows CE DVR engine. If your project is selected by our team of judges for the Grand Prize, you’ll win a complete Xbox 360 dream setup consisting of the Xbox 360 console, a 34-inch HDTV, games, and accessories! Three other winners will be awarded Xbox 360 game consoles.”
So you are actually using shared source components to create new applications. Everything that is needed for the contest is freely available for download. And the prices are quite cool…
I recommend having a look at the Microsoft Shared Source Website. Just to stay up-to-date.
The major graphic card manufacturers ATI and NVIDIA decided to release new drivers for Windows Vista Beta 2. So if you can grab them. In my case there was an improvement in speed…
Download Managers are helpful tools to suck a great number of files from machines across the network. Since there are many commercial/shareware ones, this guy decided to write his own and give everyone who wants the source of it:
“Right then, a little light bulb went on in my head, and I decided to build her a file download utility. The requirements were simple:
- I should be able to point to a web page and filter URLs on it. For example, “*.doc” should give me a collection of URLs that have .doc at the end of the link.
From the list of available files, I should be able to select the files I want to download.
- I should be able to download my selected files simultaneously.
- I should be able to nominate the number of simultaneous threads for download.
- I should be able to cancel a download at any point in time.
- I should be informed of the download status of each selected file.
- I do not want to re-download files that I have downloaded before.”
P.S.: yeah..i know.. it should be leech…but well… suck scores better ;)