Download Managers are helpful tools to suck a great number of files from machines across the network. Since there are many commercial/shareware ones, this guy decided to write his own and give everyone who wants the source of it:
“Right then, a little light bulb went on in my head, and I decided to build her a file download utility. The requirements were simple:
- I should be able to point to a web page and filter URLs on it. For example, “*.doc” should give me a collection of URLs that have .doc at the end of the link.
From the list of available files, I should be able to select the files I want to download.
- I should be able to download my selected files simultaneously.
- I should be able to nominate the number of simultaneous threads for download.
- I should be able to cancel a download at any point in time.
- I should be informed of the download status of each selected file.
- I do not want to re-download files that I have downloaded before.”
P.S.: yeah..i know.. it should be leech…but well… suck scores better ;)