“Infinity is a massively multiplayer online game set in a futuristic persistent universe. Players can discover a huge galaxy with billions of planets and can explore, combat, trade, socialize.. the possibilities are endless!”
“Infinity is an open-ended game in which you control a spaceship throughought the entire galaxy, trying to make a name for yourself. You connect to an online server on which thousands of people are playing, 24/7. The game does not stop when you log off, but continues to evolve: it is a persistent universe. The game mechanics do not emphasize any particular gameplay style. Combat, trade, exploration, social relationships.. you are free to choose your own carrier path and goals. The only limit is your own imagination!
Infinity is not a traditional role playing game. Although all players are expected to act in concordance with their avatar’s motivations, there are no classes or skills to restrict your choices. Combat between spaceships is in true real-time, and the outcome is determined by your own intelligence and reflexes. Forget turn-based action and experience the great excitement of a first person experience!”
If you want start playing right now? Well… it’s current development status:
- Generic 3D engine: ~75% (kernel, textures, scene graph, mesh/objects, shaders, etc..)
- Planet/Space 3D engine: ~60% (terrain, planet textures, starfield, nebulaes, water, clouds, vegetation, etc..)
- Astrophysics: ~55% (galaxy generation, system gen, planets heightfields, orbits, parameters, etc..)
- Newtonian physics: ~35% (spaceships physics, collision detection, flight navigation)
- Sound engine: ~60% (3D sounds and musics)
- Networking: ~30% (TCP/UDP, network protocol, login/out, databases, etc..)
- User interface: ~10% (user input, widgets, windows)
- Gameplay: ~5% (actual game logic)
- Content: ~15% (spaceships/stations/cities 3D models and textures, misc. 2D art, sounds & musics)
So think again: If you’re a developer…well get in touch with them!