After using the “Web-Search”-Plugin of TV-Browser to program new recordings into YAPS, ello came across with the idea to use the “Capture”-Plugin instead.
And after doing so: It’s incredible what that Capture Plugin can do!
in the context menu: the “Record”-Button
specify the title..and you’re done…
The Capture Plugin does several things:
- making the programming of new recordings as easy as possible
- showing visually that this particular episode will be recorded
- allowing you to remove the recording from the schedule
And all you have to do to add this functionality to your TV-Browser is:
- download: YAPS TV-Browser Plugin
- import the YAPS.tcf file into the Capture-Plugins Device Listing (Import Button)
- configure the server name and the channel-name mappings
When you’re done with that everything should work. Oh… I have to admit: The record delete functionality is not quite working as it should…but it will in some of the next builds…
Thanks to the TV-Browser team for creating such a great application!!! Keep on the good work!
Did you know that you can build almost every Visual Studio 2003/2005 Solution/Project without even having Visual Studio installed? You only need to have the Microsoft.NET Framework v2 (or better) installed. The Framework brings a great tool named “MSBuild” which helps you to build, for example, YAPS on your own machine.
- Download the YAPS sourcecode (or any other project…) and extract to a folder
- open a commandline window (Start->Run->”cmd.exe”) and change to that folder
- run MSBuild in that folder. Normally MSBuild is in \WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\MSBuild.exe
- When no errors are reported, you’re done. If there were errors, check the source and/or the folder. You need to run MSBuild where the sln/csproj files are…
This is what compiling the YAPS daily sourcecode looks like on my machine:
Source 1: MSBuild at MSDN
Source 2: MSBuild Team Blog
I just configured the build system to generate daily builds straight of the subversion repository. You can grab the daily build archive here.
Dailybuild (Microsoft.NET): http://www.slow-backward.de/yaps_daily_build.zip
Dailybuild (MONO): working on that
The changelog since I wrote the last YAPS news:
- fixed a PlayCount bug
- removed unnecessary files for Daily Build support
- changed all text messages and web-templates to english
- added correct mimetype handling to the http server
- fixed a bug in the 404 error handling when a file was not found
- aded a verbose mode to the ConsoleOutputLogger – disabled by default; only logging to console html page
- fixed a bug that caused a complete crash when a wrong/unknown adress/channel was requested for streaming
- added more error handling to the http server (streaming and vcr)
- added license.txt (BSD license)
- added Settings Loading and Saving (to be extended…)
- fixed a bug in the Usage_Bar HTML Template Processor that could cause a lockup in the HTML page rendering process
- fixed a bug in the HTTP Server error handling that caused “Saving Settings” everytime a 404 occured…
- added a startup check to the VCRScheduler that sets unfinished recordings after a YAPS restart to done
You can find the changelog in the daily build archive “Documentation and Misc” folder. Also a build logfile and svn checkout logfile can be found in the “logs” folder.
In the next days I am going to implement the Settings System and GUI.
Tell us what you are YAPS using for, which features are great, which ones not, which ones do you you need in the future? What would make YAPS a great tool for you?