What once was free is now for sale. Yes, the well known TCPMP player for Windows Mobile is now called “CorePlayer”. And it’ll set you back $24,99. Quite an amount for this app…
Decide for yourself it some new codecs and a new UI is worth the money…it’s not for me.
For me YAPS becomes more and more the vcr application I was always searching for. I’ve fixed a lot of bugs since the last article about YAPS and added a lot of features. It did not crash for about a month on my production system and the daily build access seems to work better than I thought it would (since it’s only a quick .cmd script).
Since the settings page is quite hard to implement I started with some other things that lead their way to get the settings page done – one of which is the dynamic template keyword feature where you can add options to .html pages which can be used in the page itself. (documentation to be written).
The settings page should be ready within this week hopefully as all the needed parts are coming together right now (like those options and stuff).
What I want from you:
- Feedback! – Keep the feedback coming. It’s good to hear from people using this software. It’s even better to hear feature wishes.
- HELP! – If you are a HTML guru, graphic artist, .net coder or TVR car dealer, then write a comment, leave your contact data and you’re in the team. I need help in every mentioned way and in some not mentioned…hrm…
Here’s the changelog since the last version I wrote about…oh..we do have a build version now…it’s 1.0.30 for the Processor and 1.0.2474.1263 for the application as I am writing this.
- added the %settings_*% keywords to the TemplateProcessor
- changed the MapNames Class to ChannelMapper
- added ChannelAddress Settings, Settingsfile
- added %buildversion% template keyword
- added Misc Settings and Channel Adress Mapping Settings Icon
- added Misc and Channel Settings to the Settings HTML Page
- some cosmetic changes to index.html and the LoadSettings console output
- added automatic categories to the To-Be-Recorded Listing
- changed the HTTP Servers file buffer size to 20480 bytes; increased the HTTP performance by factor 4
- changed the Multicast Cached Reader/Writer buffer size to 150 RTP packets per client-loop-run
- implemented AddSearchTerm and DelSearchTerm functionality
- added editcategory_step4.html for Searchterm deletion (changing that in future versions!!!)
- added AutomaticCategoriesForRecording functionality to the CategoryProcessor
- added Category Listing to the RecordedListing Template Processor
- added RenderOneLine Method to the RecordedListing Template Processor
- added CategoryFilter functionality, just click on the category in the Recorded Listing to filter
- added SortAscending/SortDescending Keywords to recordings.html handling – you can now switch between those sorting schemes; default is Descending
- added Querystring.cs
- known bug -> when CategoryFilter is active SortAscending/SortDescending wouldn’t work; currently fixing
- fixed a bug in the http method calling tree
- fixed a bug in the Managerecording-Deleterecording methods
- changed the RemoveRecordingFile Forwarder to the /recordings.html instead of the last page in browser history
- fixed a bug in the ForwardToPage method
- updated the TV Browser Capture Plugin Configuration (/Documentation and Misc/TV Browser Capture Plugin)
- added settings page
- added settings_categories page
- added settings category and addcategory icons
- changed Design Vector file format to CorelDraw! X3
- added Category Adding functionality
- added Category deleting functionality
- added Searchterm adding functionality (partly)
- added the deleterecording functionality for managerecordings (delete recording without knowing the ID)
- changes to the Category data structure
- added category.cs to the repository
- added CategoryProcessor
- added AddCategory HTML Page
- added EditCategory HTML Pages
- added Category listing Template Processor
- added ForwardToLastPage HTTP Response
- added ForwardToPage HTTP Response
- changed the Settings data structures
- fixed a spelling error in the DoneRecordings table
- added category listing to the RecordedListing table
- added channel image for german br
- added several category management specific changes
Dailybuild (Microsoft.NET): http://www.slow-backward.de/yaps_daily_build.zip
Sven brought up the idea to start a “DotNetUserTaskGroup” – which, to simplify the explanation, is a group of .NET interested people who once in a while get a task to solve. Everything is for fun and educational purposes only. No commercial background whatsoever.
To kick off the idea Sven opened up a website where you can find more information on the subject (german only at the moment). Don’t miss our .NET Community site.
Source 1: http://www.dotnetadventures.de
Source 2: http://www.dotnetcommunity.de
Here it is from Microsoft: Currently in CTP, The SQL Server 2005 – Everywhere Edition is a compact database (5MB memory footprint, approx. 2MB!! disk footprint)
- Full referential integrity with cascading deletes and updates
- Multiple connections for foreground and background operations
- Single data file with password protection and 128-bit file level encryption
- Transaction support to commit and rollback grouped changes
- A wide range of data-types, such as UNICODE character data types, IMAGE, MONEY, and IDENTITY
- Supports database size up to 4 gigabytes
- SET Functions (aggregates), INNER and OUTER JOIN, subselect, and GROUP BY and HAVING clauses
- Scrollable and updatable cursors to provide fast and easy data access
So. Take a look at it. There is also the slightly bigger SQL Server 2005 Express Edition, which gives you nearly all the functionality of a large scale multi-user database. But when you need to do small tasks (e.g. small websites) you need to try that one.