Previously you had to be in Japan or to have a japanese AppStore account to get access to software that allows you to manage and add SUICA cards to your wallet and use it right-away for public transport.
Now with the 2020 olympics approaching more and more tourist support-apps are made available to non-japanese audiences.
Just like this little helper:
So the scenario was: You arrive at an airport in Japan. And the first thing you needed to do to use the public transport system was to get such a SUICA card either purchased or topped-up.
This is a straight forward process and they even came up with “Tourist SUICA” cards that will deactivate themselves after a certain amount of time and are cheaper to purchase upfront – still it was a process you had to know how it works.
With the above helper app you’re simply doing this:
- Download app.
- Make sure you’ve got Apple Pay set-up with at least one of your credit cards
- Use the SuicaEng app to create a brand new SUICA card out of thin air and top it up right there.
- (optional) push your SUICA card to your watch to simplify the purchase processes even more – you’ll just tap your wrist to pass through gates or purchase goods.
For years now Google Maps did not allow us to download Offline Maps for Japan. It is an extremely useful feature when you are out and about and you might not yet have full mobile coverage or your plan is not set-up yet.
A week ago this was not possible and I have just now noticed that you can now select the Japan area for a custom offline map in the Google Maps app on my iPhone and on my iPad.
This is great news! Do you use the offline map feature?
If you do not know japanese curry yet you are missing out big time.
Unfortunately due to typhoon 19 the Musashikosugi Curry Expo had been cancelled along the overall Kosugi Festival 2019.
But the curry stamp rally did start earlier than the typhoon hit the city and carries on still until end of october.
It works like this:
You go to each restaurant. You eat a meal. You get a stamp.
The more stamps you collect the higher valued the prices. More meal coupons even electronics!
But anyway. It’s all about japanese and indian curry. And for that
As you too might want to tick all 28 restaurants of your bucket list take this map I made of all 28:
As you can see – on the iPhone Google Maps app you even get a nice progress bar of those you already visited. I’ve been to parco curry already – so that counted.
Somebody made a live tracking 3D map of a big portion of Tokyos public transportation system:
Of course also available in 2D.
- Folge mit Miataru HTP001: https://podcast.hack-the-planet.tv/2019/08/09/episode-0/
- Miataru http://miataru.com
- MyFitnessPal https://www.myfitnesspal.com
- New File Menu https://try-catch-finally.net/2019/09/24/easy-file-menu-for-macos/
- Xerox Star https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xerox_Star
- Musashikosugi Typhoon Fotos → https://photos.app.goo.gl/56VtqNNP9unjzQw29
- Emperor Japan Parade https://www.keishicho.metro.tokyo.jp/kotsu/doro/regulation/ceremony_kisei.files/chirashi_e.pdf
- Tokyo Stadtnamen in iOS ersetzen:
- TypeTasker Text Replacement: https://www.schrankmonster.de/2019/09/24/simple-windows-text-expander/
- Cherry G80-3000 https://www.cherry.de/cherry-g80-3000.html
- DasKeyboard: https://www.schrankmonster.de/2012/08/04/daskeyboard/
- DasKeyboard: https://www.daskeyboard.com/
- Kosugi Festa 2019: http://kosugifesta.com/
- Wireless Mac Keyboard von damals: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=6528.0
- Synology https://www.synology.com/de-de
- Prusa Mini 3D Drucker – https://www.prusa3d.com/original-prusa-mini/
- OSS Extruder: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2468067218300208
- MyFitnesspal selbst bauen: https://www.schrankmonster.de/2019/10/19/replacing-myfitnesspal/
- Public REST API https://www.hack-the-planet.net/2019/09/02/public-rest-apis/
- Swift Programming Language: https://docs.swift.org/swift-book/
- SwiftUI https://developer.apple.com/xcode/swiftui/
- HUD https://www.schrankmonster.de/2019/02/09/head-up-display-esthetics/
- HealthPost https://apps.apple.com/de/app/health-post/id1441893550?l=en
- FHIR https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_Healthcare_Interoperability_Resources
- RaspberryPi https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1252786#p1252786
- XNA – XNA’s not acronymed https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_XNA
- RISC-V https://youtu.be/67KW4t42SZk
- Unicode https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode
Collection of 8000+ publicly available IPTV channels from all over the world.
Internet Protocol television (IPTV) is the delivery of television content over Internet Protocol (IP) networks.Github: iptv-org/iptv
Using the streams is as simple as it gets: Just open the provided playlilst files in your favorite media player. The above example is th VLC media player.